Award winning open innovation studio, Connector today revealed details of the Connector Universe Infographic. The infographic maps out Ireland’s biggest online influencers and trends across fourteen different audiences, including Ireland’s tech and gaming communities.
Created using data from the Global Web Index Q4 2016, the Connector Universe Infographic identifies socio-demographic insights such as gender, relationship status and time spent social networking. The infographic also names the top journalist, specialist and digital influencer for each audience.
Commenting on today’s launch, Connector CEO, Conor Lynch said:
“We created the Connector Universe Infographic to give businesses, journalists and influencers some insight into what their audiences look like and where they live online. We hope it helps them brainstorm new, exciting and innovative ways to communicate and connect with Irish tech influencers and PC gamers.
“This morning we’ve gifted a printed map of the Connector Universe Infographic to over two hundred businesses and organisations. For anyone who would like to get their hands on one, we would love to hear from them at connector.ie”
To create the infographic, findings from Global Web Index Q4 2016 were mapped out across the following Irish audiences: Environmentalists; Finance Experts; Food Lovers; Movie Buffs; Tech Influencers; PC Gamers; Travel Enthusiasts; Entrepreneurs; Moms; Sports Players; Photo Fanatics; Music Heads; Fashionistas; and Fitness Fanatics.
The infographic gives interesting stats collated about each community, such as:
- Snapchat is their preferred social network, used by 72.6 per cent of Tech Influencers;
- 60.5 per cent spend over three hours on social media per day;
- 44.2 per cent of Tech Influencer are aged between twenty-five and thirty-four.
- Simon Cocking is a top journalist in this community;
- 88.3 per cent of follow news and media organisations online.
- WhatsApp is their preferred social network, used by 63.4 per cent of PC Gamers;
- 23.7 per cent spend thirty minutes to an hour on social media per day;
- 24.6 per cent of PC Gamers are aged between sixteen and twenty-four;
- JackSepticEye is a top digital influencer among this community
- 40.9 per cent follow brands they like online
To mark the launch of the infographic, Connector worked in partnership with a near-space photography specialist in Shrewsbury, Wales. They sent it in a rocket attached to a weather balloon on a near-space adventure, reaching an altitude of thirty kilometres.
“We decided to celebrate the diverse audiences and influencers who make up Connector Universe by sending them on a space adventure. We launched the infographic in its own personalised rocket, up to the Earth’s atmosphere, to go where no infographic has gone before!” continued Conor Lynch.
The weather balloon was carrying a payload of the infographic in a paper rocket, one Raspberry Pi computer for logging altitude, temperature and GPS position, two cameras, GPS trackers and parachutes to ensure safe landing.
The infographic’s amazing space flight adventure can be seen here
Anyone who would like a hard copy of the Connector Universe Infographic should get in touch at connector.ie