Blackboard’s annual gathering of leading educators from Europe, Middle East and Africa to discuss the future of learning and opportunities for higher education and corporate training
Blackboard today announced the programme for its annual Teaching and Learning Conference on 22nd – 24th March, which will draw educators, technologists and industry leaders from Europe, the Middle East and Africa to address some of the most pressing challenges faced by the world of education. Topics to be covered include improving accessibility of education, increasing recruitment and retention rates, and enhancing learners’ outcomes.
Hosted at Bocconi University, the conference will be preceded on 21st March by Blackboard’s first Corporate Education Forum, a one-day event dedicated to Human Resources and Learning & Development professionals as well as corporate executives.
The Teaching and Learning Conference is Blackboard’s major client event in the region. Education leaders and experts from more than 20 countries will join representatives from Blackboard to discuss how to provide exceptional learning opportunities to their students. Delegates will also have the unique opportunity to attend more than 60 presentations, workshops and training sessions, share best practice and network with their peers.
“The continuing focus on the innovation of educational models allows Bocconi University to offer its students advanced training experiences,” said Bruno Pavesi, CEO of Bocconi University. “This meeting with experts from around the world represents an important opportunity for discussion.”
This year the main event keynotes and welcome addresses will be presented by:
- Bruno Pavesi, CEO of Bocconi University
- Roberta Cocco, Councillor for Digital Transformation and the Civic Services of the Municipality of Milan
- Eric Stoller, Higher Education Strategic Communications Consultant & Blogger at InsideHigherEd.com
- William (Bill) Ballhaus, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of Blackboard
- Lee Blakemore, President, Blackboard International
On Friday 24th March, Prof. Leonardo Caporarello, Director of BETA (Bocconi Education and Teaching Alliance) at Bocconi University, will moderate a discussion about education technology and lifelong learning.
“The Teaching and Learning Conference is an annual opportunity to gather together innovators in education to share ideas and experiences and work as a group to improve education for all,” said Lee Blakemore, President of Blackboard International. “The world’s higher education institutes are under increasing pressure to deliver flexible, high-quality, relevant education for a widening group of students. Blackboard’s conference is a forum for networking and discussion on the big issues and opportunities we face as an education community.”
The Corporate Education Forum, sponsored exclusively by IBM, is focused on corporate training and the key role that education technology plays to help businesses and employees achieve their training goals. More than 100 representatives from all industry sectors will learn the latest about designing and delivering meaningful and measurable learning programmes, with real-life examples from world renown companies.
The forum keynotes and welcome addresses include:
- Nigel Jeremy, Chief Learning Officer of British Airways
- Federico Botti, Head of Mobility, Europe – IBM
- James Cook, Global Partner, Workforce Development, IBM
- James Hoyle, Director, Go English SL, English Language Training Professional
- Sabrina Castellan, Training Recruiting and Development Director, Bosch Group Italy
- Lee Blakemore, President, Blackboard International,
- Tom Holz, Senior Director, Blackboard for Business International
“IBM supports enterprises of any industry and size in their digital transformation journey and knows how advanced competences are important for the success of any innovation project. Working with Blackboard we support the creation of educational environment where clients can enhance the educational experience through agile solutions available on cloud”, said Federico Botti, Head of Mobility Services, IBM Europe. “Through our recent partnership, IBM is enhancing its portfolio of services for Security, Mobility and Workplace, Kenexa solution and Watson Cognitive Content Collator (C3) capabilities by incorporating Blackboard offerings to address our clients’ needs for personalised online, collaborative, mobile learning, as well as corporate building and campus security access”.
In addition to the main conference and the Corporate Day Forum, two pre-conference events are also scheduled on 21st March:
- DevCon 2017– 21st–22nd March (morning), an event designed to inform the Developers and System Administrators of the latest technical information
- Academic Adoption Day– 21st March, a highly interactive and engaging session to explore and identify common themes and issues with support and adoption strategies.