Paralympics Ireland have just launched a brand new app to mark 100 days to Rio2016,The app is now free to download on both Android and iOS platforms and it is FREE.. The app is packed with features via the hamburger menu on the top lefthand side offers easy access to content such as News,Competitions,Media Your account and much more,Also present right now on opening the app is a countdown timer to the event which begins September 2016
Speaking about the launch this morning, Paralympics Ireland’s Media & Events Manager, Mary McGuire stated: “We’ve been working extremely hard on this app over the last few months to ensure that it is very user-friendly and full of engaging content and updates for fans to enjoy.
“We are delighted that we will be able to provide updates live from Rio this year through the app in addition to all of our other social media platforms, and we believe it will certainly be a must-have for any Irish Paralympic supporter this year.”
Paralympics Ireland is the organization responsible for leading elite Irish athletes with a disability to Paralympic Games success. Thanks to the support of Sport Ireland and the Irish Institute of Sport, we recruit and support top-class coaches to guide Irish Paralympic athletes to competition glory. In addition to managing Irish team participation in European and World Championships in IPC governed sports, we also prepare and send Irish athletes to Paralympic Games qualifying competitions around the world. We have a multi-disciplinary sports science and medial team who provide key performance-enhancing support to Irish Paralympic athletes.
– Learn about Paralympics Ireland, our athletes and events that they are competing in.
– Share our app with your friends to help promote our athletes and activities.
– Live updates, newsfeeds & messages from Paralympic competitions throughout the year.
– Submit photos and good luck messages on our fanwall directly to Paralympic athletes and Team Ireland via your phone as they prepare for the upcoming Paralympic Games.
– Watch powerful Paralympics Ireland videos and stay up to date with our social media.
– Read, listen and/or watch interviews with Irish Paralympic athletes.
– Dedicated athlete login section to stay up to date on training times, locations and more.
Download below from the respective stores