If you are heading to Paris there is a new app to help you out with the Lingo over there and it is called Yes I speak Touriste. The app provides users with an interactive map showing locations like restaurants and hotels where their native tongue is spoken.The French capital’s chamber of commerce released the app, which is available in nine languages, at the start of the peak summer tourism season..
The interactive map shows you all of the shops where you can be greeted in your language. Finding a restaurant, hotel, hairstylist or any other shop where you will be understood is now easier than pie.
• Access the complete list of stores by type: apparel, food, beauty and health, art and culture, decoration, services, recreation, hotels, cafés, restaurants, etc.
• View details and helpful info about each shop (address, opening hours, website, etc.).
• Run a search around your position, if you are already in Paris, or near a venue you wish to visit.
• Add stores to your Favorites and find them more easily next time around.
• Change your selected language at any time. The application is available in Arabic, German, American/British English, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese/Brazilian and Russian.
Help them serve you better by flagging stores that are not able to use your language.
To take full advantage of the application, you must be connected to the Internet by wire or wi-fi.
Developed by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris/Ile-de-France and the Regional Tourist Board of Paris/Ile-de-France, this application was intended to make tourists feel right at home in Paris.
Paris Ile-de-France is one of the world’s leading tourist destinations. It is hurt, however, by a poor image when it comes to making tourists feel welcome, due in large part of lack of proficiency in foreign languages. This application gives tourism professionals the chance to improve on that image, while offering tourists an innovative service that makes their stay in Paris and the Greater Paris Region all the more enjoyable.