We have had the nokia DC-50 long enough now to share our thoughts as its only purpose is to charge your device,which it does well indeed.
We have the cyan colour and it looks rather nice,be it bigger than previous versions it does have great battery life which makes it more portable than the ones before due to its massive internal capacity of 24 mAh.
To pair these two together you simply turn on the DC-50 and turn on NFC on your device and away you go ,happy wireless charging.
The top of the unit is plain and just has the nokia logo embedded into the plate itself,nice,maybe a dirt catcher though depending ion the environment,but again can be cleaned easily.
Underneath just has the usual manufactures info and compliance info not very visible,doubt that will pout anyone off in fairness.
There is nothing around the sides at all which leaves a smooth flow and feel to it.
On the top we have the usb port,the power on/off button and the 4 led lights which are the battery status indicators.
Seeing the 1520 is so big this wont be visible depending on how you have the phone placed on the plate.But with smaller devices such as the 720,925 and 1020 you will be able to see the status without difficulty.
On the bottom we have another led light which tells you there is a device on the plate and is in use,these leds,top and bottom are fine in the dark and wont cause any issues in a dark room should you not like lights shining.
Specs on the DC-50.
- Width: 69 mm
- Height: 134 mm
- Thickness: 12 mm
- Weight: 150 g
- Charging connectors: Micro-USB
- Battery technology: Li-Ion
- Battery capacity: 2400 mAh
- Battery voltage: 3.7 V
- Removable battery: No
- Rechargeable battery: Yes
- Charger input current: 1200 mA
- Charger input voltage: 5 V DC
- Charger standby consumption: Less than 30 mW
- Maximum charging time: 150 min
- Power Management
- Wireless charging standard: Qi
- Operating temperature: -15 – +55 C
- User Interface
- Operating keys: Power indicator key
- LED indicators: Battery level indicator, Charging indicator LED
- Environmental features
- Materials: Free of PVC, Free of nickel on the product surface, Free of BFR, rFR as in Nokia Substance List
- Energy efficiency: Energy efficient charger, Minimal standby consumption
- Recycling: 100% recoverable as materials and energy
- User guide: Small printed guide, full on nokia.com
- Packaging: Packaging is 100 % recyclable
Pricing- will be around 85-100 euros..