Track Runner (in the Windows Phone store as beta here:install is the first app of The App Cauldron, Inc., a start-up focused on creating useful and original WP8 apps.
Track Runner is a fitness app that uses GPS to track a user’s run with a few pretty cool and unique tricks up its sleeve. We are especially proud of our unique track and lap recognition feature that automatically identifies tracks the user has run before and lets the user compare track or lap times. We also plan on integrating further neat features like “Phantom Run” – comparing former and current runs with a twist. So, here is a list of the app’s features, both current and planned:
- accurate GPS tracking
- intelligent track and lap recognition
- powerful statistics (fastest times, accurate splits, calories burned, graphic display of pace, etc.)
- diary-style running history with notes option and records
- no sign-up or membership required, optional zero-config back up
- voice notification
- works under lock-screen
- add untracked runs
- easily individualized
- beautiful, intuitive, metro-style interface
Features yet to come:
- phantom run (run against your own previous run or against a friend)
- GPX import and export
- AIM Score (an ELO-style performance rating of your fitness and progress)
- customizable training plans, devised by running pros
- Bluetooth heart rate monitor support
- sharing on social networks (Facebook, Twitter …) optional
After a brief beta, the app will cost $2.49, including three training plans, and users will be able to purchase additional training plans on a per plan basis. Active beta testers will receive the release version for free as a thank you. Also, we are going to maintain the beta alongside the release version to test out new features first. So, becoming part of the beta pool really pays for an active user who can’t wait to try out new features. To sign up for beta testing, potential testers just need to send an email containing their Microsoft account email address to email@example.com.
For more information, testers are welcome to check our website (www.theappcauldron.com) or Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Track-Runner/602562009803290). We’re also tweeting our heart out as: @TrackRunnerApp.